Thu, May 07|
Ontario Tech University
OAME Math Conference 2020
Ontario Association for Mathematics Education
Time & Location
May 07, 2020, 7:00 AM – May 08, 2020, 3:00 PM
Ontario Tech University, 2000 Simcoe St N, Oshawa, ON L1G 0C5, Canada
About the Event
The Ontario Association for Mathematics Education (OAME) is an organization for professionals interested in mathematics education. Our mission is to promote excellence in mathematics education throughout the province of Ontario.
OAME hosts an annual conference where educators have the opportunity to hear from keynote and featured speakers, attend workshops and networking events, and explore the latest resources available from exhibitors. Over 1200 educators attended the 2019 conference in Ottawa.
The theme of OAME 2020 is “In Focus”, centering around balance, with an emphasis on:
· Well-Being (math anxiety of teachers and/or students, mental health, community engagement, mindfulness)
· Equity (Culturally Relevant Pedagogy, social justice, student voice, inclusion)
· Balanced Mathematics (Teaching & Learning: implementation, communication, technology, differentiation)
· Balanced Assessment (differentiation, diagnostic, summative, formative)
· Leadership (mentoring, coaching, collaborating, administration)